Thursday, April 21, 2011

Humanities Lovin': Blog 10, refelecting on the course.

Going into this class I had many anxieties. It was going to be the hardest of all the college classes I have taken thus far and I just wasn't looking forward to it. The thought of having 3 teachers in one class scared me and the length of each class seemed like it was going to be hard to sit through. The class itself wasn't as 'hard' as I thought it would be. The work was very simple :If you kept up with it, then you were fine. The reading questions really helped me better understand the stories, because sometimes the stories had languages and ways of writing that i was not familiar with. The lit midterm was very straight forward, even though I did not prepare as well as I should have for it. I really enjoyed learning about different cultures. Dr. Armstrong was a great instructor as well. He made assignments that were die very clear and we knew exactly what was expected os us, with the exception of the midterm IDEE, but I believe that was just a misunderstanding. As for the art portion of the class, Tolbert was a very intertaining professor. I really enjoyed his lectures and he was very interesting to listen to. He made the class much more enjoyable than I was expecting. His quizes were straight forward and we knew exactly what we needed to study. I really like his style of teaching. He was very laid back and made us feel comfortable as students. He made me enjoy art, where I didn't before. The music portion of the class was my least enjoyable. The instructor had many things happen this semester that I guess hindered his ability to be at class all the time or answer my emails. I was constantly confused as to what he wanted from us on the music analysis papers and I have no idea what my grade in this portion of the class is. He was not very clear in his lectures or clear on what pieces he wanted us to know. I feel like it was more of a guessing game on my part than a learning tool. Overall the class went well. I may not have the best grade coming out of it, but I will just be happy to be done with this portion of Humanities!

WORD COUNT: 392


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More